Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cool Work At Home Online Opportunity images

Check out these work at home online opportunity images:

A Valentine Candy Box Brightens the Dresser in the Bedroom of the Hershal and Mai Shrewbury Home near Beckley, West Virginia Just Outside a Coalmining Area…04/1974
work at home online opportunity

Image by The U.S. National Archives
Original Caption: A Valentine Candy Box Brightens the Dresser in the Bedroom of the Hershal and Mai Shrewbury Home near Beckley, West Virginia Just Outside a Coalmining Area. He Works as an Office of Economic Opportunity Supervisor in Raleigh County. He Is Active in Helping with Community Health Services 04/1974

U.S. National Archives' Local Identifier: 412-DA-14023

Photographer: Corn, Jack, 1929-

Subjects:
West Virginia (United States) state
Environmental Protection Agency
Project DOCUMERICA

Persistent URL: http://arcweb.archives.gov/arc/action/ExternalIdSearch?id=556475

Repository: Still Picture Records Section, Special Media Archives Services Division (NWCS-S), National Archives at College Park, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD, 20740-6001.

For information about ordering reproductions of photographs held by the Still Picture Unit, visit: www.archives.gov/research/order/still-pictures.html

Reproductions may be ordered via an independent vendor. NARA maintains a list of vendors at www.archives.gov/research/order/vendors-photos-maps-dc.html

Buy copies of selected National Archives photographs and documents at the National Archives Print Shop online: gallery.pictopia.com/natf/photo/

Access Restrictions: Unrestricted
Use Restrictions: Unrestricted

Can I Stand As Big And As Tall?
work at home online opportunity

Image by drp
New York City has always been a place of big and tall things. Tall ships. Tall buildings. Big personalities. Big dreams.

This was taken at Manhattan’s famous South Street Seaport 2 1/2 weeks ago when I came in to the city for an interview. I took a bus in from New Jersey, and then a subway downtown to Fulton Street. I arrived early, so I made use of my time by taking pictures of the area. It was the first time I was there in about 15 years. I went in and laid it on thick during the meeting, telling them I was the solution to every problem they had. I figured, what do I have to lose.

The job is to head up an in-house art department for a company that provides one-on-one online tutoring and training in a variety of subjects, for kids of all ages. You sign on from home or your local library, and have a 20-minute chat session with an instructor. They have been in operation several years, still a small company, but they decided to expand and bring a graphic designer in to handle all of their marketing and promotional materials. It’s one of those "ground floor" opportunities that could grow into something big, pays well, and on the surface, seems like steady work.

They sent me an offer in an e-mail today for the position, and I am COMPLETELY terrified. This will be the first full-time job I’ve had in 4 YEARS. It’s a tremendous responsibility. I will have no one to back me up in the department. I quite honestly do not know if I can do this job, or if I am even good enough any more. For years I have felt useless, anxious, depressed. I have suffered with these demons for so long that I feel I don’t know any other reality in life. Those with the same plagues understand this story well. With the exception of going on interviews, visiting friends, doctor’s appointments, or quick errands, I have been a hermit in my own house since September the 11th, 2001. Every time I have had chance to come to Manhattan, I can hardly breathe. I KNOW this is not healthy. I KNOW I have to TRY and make SOMETHING work. I strive for opportunities, pray for them, and then when one comes along, I feel nothing but confusion, panic, and horrifying fear.

I am so ashamed of myself for not feeling any joy in this event. Shouldn’t this be a time for rejoicing after such a long drought? We all see terrible, life-altering events happen every day, after reading the paper and watching the news at night – war, famine, disease, homelessness, murder, etc. I live next to Newark, NJ where only 30% of the residents live over the poverty line. The city of New Orleans in the US is completely flooded from the devastation left by Hurricane Katrina, and getting worse. Millions of people lose their lives to disease, wars, and abuse every single day. These anxieties of mine are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY insignificant in the grand scheme of things. And yet, I feel them.

Why do I become so paralyzed when good things ACTUALLY do come? Is it because I feel I do not deserve them, or that I will be stuck in a job I despise like so many others? Have I become so use to being useless that I feel I cannot be of any good to anyone any more, even to myself? Do I fear the failure, the realization that I have lost my skills and my passion for this work….or do I fear actually succeeding, and all of change that might bring with it??

I have decided however, that this is going to be the last time I share my worries with all of you here. God knows, you have your own burdens to carry in life, you don’t need to hear of mine yet again. This should be a place for beautiful work and intriguing words. I think I do express myself here because I value many of you as my friends. I know a good deal of you have suffered through what I have. You give me good advice, and help me to realize that I am not alone in regards to my fears and anxieties. I have come to trust and respect quite a few of you a great deal.

I honestly don’t know what I am asking for here. A pat on the back, a shoulder to cry on, a firm kick in the ass, a "it’s all going to be OK." I don’t know. At times, I just wonder if I can stand as big and as tall as the city across the river.

I just had to tell someone, and who better than my cherished online family.

Thanks for reading, as always.
__________________________________________________

If you can, please make a contribution towards the disaster relief
efforts in New Orleans by donating to the American Red Cross.

ALSO – To bid on a signed (by myself and Jolene) 10×8 photographic print of my image entitled "Clash Of The Titans" for the Flickr Katrina Relief Auction, click HERE. All proceeds go to the above charity. My talented friend seanhfoto has started the bidding. Now, show him what you can do now.
__________________________________________________

[+]

As a way of returning the extraordinary generosity and support you
have all shown me in this great community, whenever I upload a new
pic or series of shots this year, I’ll provide a link to another flickr
photog whose work, personality, or spirit I feel you should discover.

Visit and introduce yourself. Make a friend. Share the love.

Open your eyes to Peteman_ today.

Find out about the Best Home Business for Mom’s on the internet…



Cool, Home, images, online, Opportunity, Work

No comments:

Post a Comment