Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nice Computer Jobs At Home photos

Check out these computer jobs at home images:

my upstate aunt’s farm
computer jobs at home

Image by freestone
My aunt, who lives where i grew up, in upstate new york, in the finger lakes region, sent to me this photo. I tried to take a picture of the photo, the table background makes a very good border, I feel; the "rustic wood" frame fits with this image.

So quiet here. Every sound, for miles around, can be heard, on a windless day. Only the birds, and a far far off farm tractor, maybe, can be heard. The hawks float over the filelds, their cry can be heard for a mile. On a claer day, I can see 60 miles across cayuga lake, from behind this barn

Incredibly difficult to take a picture of a glossy print, the refections stand out every time!
Then this image is a bit out of focus, maybe this also fits with the Mood, the mood of something that exists today, out of the 1950s, why my aunt still cans vegtables with mason jars, there are some things that can bertter than freezing. She is the church organists, and choir director, she has 8 kids and 26 grandkids.
she is right out of the old 1950s book, "wholesomeness" once meant something Real, and she is of this Cloth!

The house is behind the plants, the barn can dimly be seen, I like that feeling of the Open spaces, one can see why way into the distance, here on the high hill prairies of the finger lakes, this is the *very* beginning of the midwest, down to the Conservatism and even the tornadoes, one passed near here a few years ago.
*This* is the type of place where if you lived alone and cooked for yourself, that *meant* that you were not in a good place as there was no one that loved you, and you HAD to do everything for yourself: marrage and job stability counted nearly for all!

Church socials dish-to-pass, are alive and well, here.

I lived here in the 90s, in my small town of Interlaken, every ten years they build one house, they had just finished that one house, in 1997, a "mcmansion". A town of 600 people.
I would ofetn walk the four miles down to have supper with her and her husband
Why a day that I wanted to shop for stuff, as i lived in this town, why I could walk all over the two block-sized business section, and go into all of the stores to buy five things, in one hour if i wanted to, but I would spend hours talking to people. NOW I see what a great sevice Walmart, and the other large superstores have done, especially for seniors like me who cannot perhaps get around too well, why one can visit just one store and buy everything that you need, in one trip; critics of the big box stores forget this!

So pretty, in this mid-may scene, but the snowdrifts covered nearly the bushes last winter!

Her oldest son now owns and runs the farm, he grows organic soybeans.

So in this multi-tasking world of 40 minute commutes each way and where 60% of all food eaten is eaten in a car, and most windows do not open and earbuds are the rule, and NO ONE has the time to have a meal at home with the family,
[ I overheard one man, recently, bear his souls to his friend about how he FORCES his family to all sit down together one day a month, else no one ever ever would get them all togther, one meal, one person, who has the ability when each member has a different schedule?!]
Yes, in the big city if there are two teens in the family, the family needs four cars very muchly and the hairdresser is in *this* direction, and the school is in another direction: life is scattered in 20 places so 30 miles to shop or do your stuff, is the True Reality!

Thus a simpler life still exists, but who would want it if they had it?!

This aunt is a very very devout christian lady and most of her "kids" are too, they all are nearly "Amish" in their way of life and beliefs. They have been married, I think, for about 50 years, what marrage lasts even five years today: most of the people that I know under 50 have been divorced *several* times!
–the Price to pay for homemade cookies, in the age where many kids do not know what a homemade anything is!
the Price to pay for Certainitude of a certain ilk, the church is the center of the social life and bed by 10 and up by 7.

One summer week she had one of her oldest daughter’s sons there
on vacation, this daughter had nine kids and she lives the life like of the Amish that are just down the road, she cooks all the food from scratch and NO television and computer ever, and Bible-homeschooling.
I ate supper with the three boys and now I Know what "Wholesome" really means; these teens were positive, outgoing, caring, with "clean" vibes..[recite the boy scout Oath, to describe them!]
Today the oldest boy is going to be a missionary in, I think, Central America.
[I note that the newly moved-in Amish people, here, in the 90s, also have very very happy kids, even if they are thin and raggy-clothes!
no tv or games or public school for them either: compare with the teens of today, in the cities!!]

You have to create your own entertainments, here!

Invasion of the Creepie-Crawlies
computer jobs at home

Image by Boogies with Fish
www.messersmith.name/wordpress/2010/01/03/invasion-of-the…
I’m sitting here in my bedroom office writing the first post that I’ve been able to do from home for over a year. It’s taken me that long to get Telikom to fix my phone line so that it will pass data. It’s no secret here that Telikom is unresponsive to customer complaints and extremely slow to present technologies at the street level. Oh, sure there is lots of talk about fibre optic cables, wireless phones and WIFI adapters for web access. Talk is cheap. Telikom "introduced" wireless phones and USP devices for computers to receive WIFI signals about four months ago in Madang. They are still not available. The local manager tells me that this is a problem with getting the prepaid cards set up, but I’ve been getting that story, or variations of it, for several months.

By simple weekly harassment, I finally succeeded getting Telikom to replace the cable that was preventing connections in my area. I can now get a 28.8KBPS hookup that, if not speedy, is at least stable. That’s painfully slow by anybody’s standards, but I’m not even hoping for any improvement.

I’ll tell you the ridiculous aspect of the situation: I actually feel grateful  to them for fixing it. Forget that it’s their job to provide the service. Forget that it took them years to do it. Forget that they’ve promised wireless access to the web for months and there is still no product on the street. If someone hit you over the head with a brick for fifteen minutes, how would you feel if suddenly the weapon was switched to a salami? You’d feel grateful,  that’s what.

Okay, enough of that.

These spiders that favour the yellow flowers in my garden draw my camera lens like a bee to honey. Though they are tiny, measuring less than a centimetre across, they are stationary subjects and quick to grab focus:

I’ve been shooting them for about a year now, wich I admit may seem a bit obsessive. However, I’m learning little tricks as I go. For these shots it was a bright day with plenty of light, so I set my Canon G9 to Aperture Priority and stopped the lens down to F8 to get maximum depth of field. This allows, up to a point, elements of the image which are closer or farther from the lens to remain in focus, eliminating blurry spots. For the shot above, I made sure that the backgound contained nothing close enough to be in focus, providing a nice blurry background for the flower. What’s interesting to me, and keeps me fascinated enough to waste a lot of time doing it, is how you have to think about during the process and how intensely focused (pun intended) you have to be to accomplish the task.

One thing that I have noticed about getting older is that I know  that I’m not as quick mentally as I once was. I think that my judgment and temperament are improving over time, but I’m definitely not as mentally agile. I really believe that writing every day and fiddling with photography and the accompanying computer process that are necessary to produce the effects that I like help me to hold my ground mentally.

In this shot all that was necessary was to crop out everything but the flower:

I’m still don’t understand the purpose of the web. How does it assist the spider. Creatures generally don’t waste precious energy doing things that do not directly benefit them. I’ve never witnessed a capture of the little flies that these spiders eat, so I haven’t seen if the web, which you can see if you click to enlarge, plays any part.

This is a family friendly site and it’s going to stay that way. So, if you don’t know what these flies are doing, please go ask your mommy right now. If you are an adult and you find this image offensive, I recommend that you rush out immediately and purchase a sense of humor: Maybe they are just good friends.

The next three shots are even more strange.

By any measure this is a very strange bug, indeed. Its body is as thin as a razor blade and shaped like a grenade. It has s frilly white border and a picture of a moth on its back:

Ah, you want more, eh?

Okay, here’s one for you. I have it on good authority that this bug has been dropping acid daily for a solid month. Look, kiddies, if you don’t want to end up looking like this, stay away from that stuff; it’s really  bad for you: Had enough? I didn’t think so.

Okay, here is something that even I  have never seen before: Yes, Caroline, that is three bees fussing over the same flower. It’s not as if there is a shortage of flowers in my garden. Most of them spring up magically. Others are more deliberately introduced by Juli our haus meri,  who has a well developed sense of humor.

Well, I’d love to sit here and entertain you longer from the comfort of my cave, but I’m off to Blueblood to kill off the remainder of our splendid holiday season.

Adios.

Sunshine and Orchids
computer jobs at home

Image by Boogies with Fish
www.messersmith.name/wordpress/2010/05/11/sunshine-and-or…
Today I shall begin with the beginning and end with the end and skip all of the boring stuff in the middle. I’m talking about my work day, of course. I usually awake between 05:00 and 05:30 and try to get the computer turned on and start working before Eunie rises at 06:00 for her breakfast and an hour of reading. I have to keep running to the front door if there is anything interesting developing in the sky to catch the ten minute window for a decent sunrise.

This morning the sky looked chaotic. I was hoping it was not a portent of the day to come: I had a little hurry-up in the house to catch up with Eunie, who was eager to get into town for her aquarobics on a sunny morning.

I did have to pause in the front yard for this image of Kar Kar Island  sticking its dangerous head up over the horizon. I hope this baby never blows: Nothing untoward happened on the way to town, no drunks staggering out in front of the car, nobody throwing rocks at our new Nissan Navara (more to come on that later).

I had to turn off on Coronation Drive for a quick shot over Astrolabe Bay  including Coconut Point: It seems that the sky was out to impress me. It was doing a fairly good job.

Just before the Coastwatchers Monument, I got another blast of beauty: Okay, now I was set for the day. Time to focus on work for a while.

Now I skip over the boring part.

Since Eunie is helping out at the Madang Lodge and Restaurant for a while, we needed to stop there for a while on the way home. I always take advantage of this time to browse on the orchids. They are delicious: The ones above remind me of the mating displays of some of the birds of paradise. They spread their wings and vibrate their tails. Hey, that just gave me an idea for a new dance craze. "Yeah, baby! Do da Bird o’ Paradise! Spread yo’ wings an’ vibrate yo’ tail!" Never mind. It’s nearly noon. My blood sugar is getting low. I feel dizzy.

This one is called, "Come on, Baby. Let’s do the Twist": No, that won’t work. Somebody already took that one, Chubby Checker, to be exact.

This is the kind that we would buy for the girls when I was in high-school if we wanted to encourage them to feel generous after the dance: Which was always!  Dweebs and nerds bought wrist corsages for their dates, because they were too shy to pin one on the bosom.

I preferred the full-pinning ceremony.

Find out about the Best Shopping Sites for Mom’s on the internet…



computer, Home, Jobs, Nice, Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment