Thursday, March 3, 2011

Can collection agencies contact you at your place of employment?

Question by jigaboo121473: Can collection agencies contact you at your place of employment?
I’ve got a credit card company calling me at my place of work every day. Today they called 3 times. I can’t believe this is legal. It seems like clear cut harrassment to me. I have even been working with them from home and I thought things were alright but that’s besides the point. Does anyone know if there’s any laws forbidding collection agencies from calling me at my day job? If so, can you give any references for your answers. Any information helps. THANKS

Best answer:

Answer by Scott N
I believe this is illegal. Look up “Fair Debt Collection Practices Act”.

This is the law that covers when and how debt collectors may collect debts.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Find out about the Best Shopping Sites for Mom’s on the internet…



agencies, Collection, contact, employment, place

No comments:

Post a Comment