Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Should I take my dog to Australia from the UK?

Question by Emma W: Should I take my dog to Australia from the UK?
Hi I am emigrating to Australia in January. I am going to Melbourne. I am going out in a few days to check out the quarantine situation.
What I would like advice on is whether i should take him or not.
You see he could stay with my parents. I have been living with them for the past 4 months (since the breakdown of my relationship). My mini schnauzer (1 1/2 years old) is comfortable here, my father works from home and he gets regular walks. However he is very much my dog; we have a very close relationship and he is like my child. He follows me where ever I go.
I worry that without me he will be depressed.
However I am also worried that if I take him he will find the 30 days in quarantine too hard. He loves running and chasing balls etc and is such a happy boy.
I would really appreciate advice on what to do and also if anyone else has been through this how did their dog cope with the quarantine? Also what is quarantine like? Do they get exercise or are they just kept in a small enclosure?
Sorry for the rambling but I really need advice.
Thanks

Best answer:

Answer by ilyyy :) )
Take him with you!
but make sure you can have some time to play, feed him.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Find out about the Best Shopping Sites for Mom’s on the internet…



Australia, from, should, Take

No comments:

Post a Comment